Columbia, MO – As the country’s leading advocate for youth shooting sports, MidwayUSA Foundation is proud to share its accomplishments of 2023. Supporting approximately 2,800 youth shooting teams and 80 youth shooting sports organizations, the 501(c)(3) nonprofit provided over $9.5 million in cash grants last year to assist with team expenses, range development projects, and coach training opportunities.
2023 Highlights Include:
- Received and matched over $5.5 million in donations to youth shooting programs
- Over $8.4 million in cash grants paid to assist youth shooting teams and organizations with expenses
- Record-breaking Giving Tuesday, matching $513,980 to add over $1 million to endowments
- Continued passionate sponsorship support from industry-leading companies
- Multiple Foundation-sponsored fundraising events held throughout the country
- Monthly auctions to benefit endowments, made possible by Foundation sponsors
- Over $1.1 million awarded to support range development and coach training
“Thousands of coaches, families, and volunteers work to make a difference in the lives of our youth through shooting sports. Additionally, they take the time to fundraise for their endowment, and we are honored to aid in those efforts through our donation matching program and ensure their team is funded in perpetuity,” said MidwayUSA Foundation Executive Director, G. Scott Reynolds.
While the impact of MidwayUSA Foundation’s programs is growing, the expenses of youth shooting teams still far outweigh the funds provided. This is why industry and donor support are so important. Donations received in 2024 will, again, receive a 1:1 match. In addition, 100% of any tax-deductible donation will directly benefit the team of the donor’s choice because the Foundation keeps nothing for operational expenses. This is all possible through the personal donations of Larry and Brenda Potterfield, proving their passion to support the growth and long-term funding of youth shooting sports.
Industry sponsors who are interested in working to advance the mission of MidwayUSA Foundation can contact John Linquist, Relationship Manager [JLinquist@MidwayUSAFoundation.org].
The MidwayUSA Foundation is a 501(c)(3) public charity working to sustain and grow youth shooting sports by providing long-term funding to youth shooting teams. Every donation made is tax-deductible and allows the Foundation to assist in expanding and enhancing the leadership skills, confidence, and discipline of today’s youth through shooting sports activities. The Foundation supports all shooting disciplines. For more information about how the MidwayUSA Foundation is changing the future of youth shooting sports, please visit midwayusafoundation.org or call 1-877-375-4570.