Brand Evolves Signature Yardang Fabric Range with New Buttery Soft Hooded Zip Top
BALI, Indonesia – Kora (https://koraoutdoor.com), the pioneer in using yak wool for performance apparel, today introduces the new technical Yardang Hoodie in earth-inspired colorways.
The new Yardang Hoodie is a midweight (240gsm) layer designed for versatility on excursions, intense and mellow activities, travel, and simply for everyday comfort. Kora makes all of its own Hima-Layer™ fabrics, and Yardang is a custom blend of 70% superfine merino and 30% premium yak wool that is breathable, moisture wicking, naturally odor-resistant, fast drying and with softness on par with cashmere.
Since its inception in 2013, yak wool has been a foundation of kora’s apparel. A natural performance fiber that offers unrivaled breathability and wicking properties, together yak wool and merino create a buttery-soft handfeel that can be worn all day long next to skin or as a midlayer.
Like all kora products, the new Yardang Hoodie backs kora’s mission of supporting the livelihoods of Nomadic yak herders on the Tibetan plateau. The yak wool is sourced and collected by the Kegawa Herders’ Cooperative, a collective of more than 90 families in the Yushu Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture. By sourcing yak wool directly from Himalayan plateau nomads, kora not only ensures the exceptional quality of its fabrics but also contributes directly to supporting the way of life of its Tibetan nomad partners.
Kora’s new Yardang Hoodie is now available for women and men in four colorways: Black, Deep Purple, Earth Grey, and Brown.
Yardang Hoodie Specifications:
- Fabric weight: 240gsm, 70% superfine merino, and 30% premium yak wool
- Zipped neck allows for efficient venting
- Lightweight hood designed to fit under helmets
- Deep cuffs for comfort, featuring thumb hole
- Intelligent zip-housing design
- External embroidery logo
- Signature flag tape on left cuff
- Internal graphic-only care instructions to reduce bulk in the neck
- Natural anti-odor
- Perfect for: every day, Four-Season Use
- Available in men’s and women’s collections
- MSRP: $170 USD