Storied custom framebuilders Sklar Bikes are releasing their first production model, the SuperSomething, an ‘all road’ gravel bike frameset. Built using nearly 10-years of custom framebuilding learnings, the SuperSomething is an epitome of Sklar’s design philosophy, balancing unbeatable function with distinctive form.
Sklar Bikes has always been known for its high-end, custom offerings. With the launch of the SuperSomething, the aim is to bring the unique blend of Sklar’s high-end bike design and craftsmanship to a broader audience via a production run.
As for the bike itself, the SuperSomething is ready for anything. The incredibly versatile platform is here to handle all of your variable road and terrain needs and is designed to grow and change along with your riding style. Made out of the finest double-butted, heat-treated chromoly steel, the “base setting” for the SuperSomething is 700x42c gravel tires paired with a 70mm stem and drop bar.
Sklar likes to think of the Sumper Something as falling about 40% along the spectrum from a fat tire road bike to a mountain bike – meaning all kinds of builds are possible, from coaster brake cruisers to Tour Divide racers. The frameset features clearance for up to 700x55c (or 27.5×2.1) tires for those who like the chunky stuff, and of course if long pavement rides are in your future you can throw a 142x12mm rear, 100x12mm front compatible road wheelset on too.
Adam Sklar, the brand’s founder, got his start building bikes out of Bozeman in 2014. For the past ten years, he built every Sklar bike by hand, working with customers through a lengthy custom process to provide an intimately custom bicycle built with the finest materials and craftsmanship. Through talking to hundreds of customers about their wants and needs on the bike, Sklar believes that a better product can be delivered to more people through highly-designed production bicycles.
“We are so excited to have these framesets available again,” says Adam Sklar. “ The feedback from SuperSomething riders has been overwhelmingly positive and we can’t wait to get more fun bikes out to more people.”
The SuperSomething is manufactured in Taiwan, is available in sizes 48-60cm, and customers can choose an Ocean Blue or Honey Dijon finish. Pre-ordered bikes are now shipping, and limited inventory remains for new purchases through sklarbikes.com.
Sklar Bikes SuperSomething Frameset Specs
- Frame & fork material: double-butted, heat-treated chromoly Steel
- 142x12mm rear, 100x12mm front spacing
- 27.2mm seatpost
- 160mm post mount or flat mount rear, ISO front brake mount on steel fork.
- Frame is also compatible with tapered carbon forks (not included)
- Clearance for 700x55c or 27.5x 2.1” tires
- 3 bottle cages, one under the downtube
- 68mm BSA bottom bracket shell
- Compatible with EC34mm/44mm headset, 1-1/8” steerer steel fork
- Clearance for up to a 44T single chainring
- External cable routing
- Rocker dropouts for adjustable chainstay length or single speed
- If you want to run flat mount brakes just get the flat mount rocker from Paragon Machine Works and run the Enve adventure fork